Tuesday, 15 April 2014

LIVE AT THE VORTEX
















































"Live at the Vortex"
Year:  1977
Country:  UK
City:  London
Label:  Nems
Format:  LP
Bands:  12
Tracks:  12
Time:  34 min.
Genre:  rock
Style:        Punk  Rock




























Recorded live At The Vortex, 203 Wardour Street, London W1. On October 10th & 11th 1977. Well, it appears that the file sharing panic has at least partially subsided for now, so I guess we’ll toss up a few records.  As I said before, I fully intend to reactivate all the old downloads and I even plan on having it done by the end of the month if possible.  Anyone found anything decent out there besides Rapidshare? Can’t say as I’m too thrilled about using them again, as I’ve already dumped them once and I don’t trust them.  I’ve also heard they’ve been messing up a lot due to the high volume of new accounts.    So here we have a record I meant to post a long time ago and forgot about, a disc that possibly falls into what I referred to as “used bin regulars”, of which I posted many when I first started this blog.  Apparently, it got some bad press and developed a bad reputation when it came out, leading it to be more or less disregarded for whatever reason.  And who’s to say?  Maybe it deserved it.  So does it suck? By no means!  It is a decent representation of Class of 1977 Punk, recorded live with decent sound.  I think the reason it was initially pooh-poohed is because it’s pretty much a stereotypical display of Punk standards of the time, which is fine with me and the rest of the indiscriminate fans of generic Punk schlock.  My personal pick would be that last track by Maniacs—such a fine sentiment, so rarely seen or properly expressed these days.  But, sorry, buddy; you’re history!
 Discogs   ,    Lastfm    ,    Bandcamp   ,    Live at the Vortex   ,   More Vortex Info    ,    Punk 70s    
























http://www.punk77.co.uk/graphics2/Vortex/outsidestevenson.jpg

















































































No comments:

Post a Comment